Thursday, September 30, 2010

WVOF Greg Nero Interview

WVOF had the chance to talk with Greg Nero and this is what he had to say about his status, sickness, and the upcoming season:

Q: First and foremost, how are you feeling so far?
A: Pretty good I'm just happy to be back. I'm trying to get things going on all cylinders again. Mentally and physically, I'm not there yet but I'm very optimistic and I hope to contribute alot to the team this year.

Q: How hard is it to transition back into the college game?
A: It's tough. I mean physically it's alot [with] practice getting in shape. It's a pretty hard schedule to follow when you haven't done it in a couple of years and I'm still feeling kinda on edge about whether I can pull it yet off this year. But my performances have been going up each week so we're all pretty optimistic about how I will be doing this year.

Q: How did you feel about watching the team go all the way to the MAAC championship last year?
A: I was excited to see them do it because I thought they had more talent than Siena in the MAAC championship game and they could've had them really. I was excited to watch the new guards, Derek Needham and Colin Nickerson. I thought they looked really good. I thought they have a lot more potential to develop. I am also excited about the new freshmen we have coming in this year. I think we can do something special this year.

Q: Is there any one game you're looking forward to in particular?
A: I'm looking forward to playing against Siena because I want to give my best shot to them. The last two years I felt like I haven't been able to give them my best shot. I want to redeem myself. So, I'm looking forward to the first time we play Siena, especially at the Times Union Center. I want to beat them there at home.

Q: Can you make a pitch for the Fairfield students to attend the basketball games?
A: Come to our games. We're picked pre-season number one this year or we should be. We got a full stacked lineup and it's going to be fun. It's going to be exciting. So come on it's gonna be a good time at Alumni Hall or Harbor Yard.

Q: You're probably going to be preseason number one. Is there any added pressure on the team?
A: There's always pressure every year, particularly this year. We have a lot of expectations probably for our team but we set our own expectations. We don't really worry about what the media or the fans want us to do. We already have high expectations for ourselves and we want to achieve our goals. We want to be the top team come the conference tournament in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment